Outbound Logistics Value Stream Manager
Job ID :
United Kingdom - Loughborough
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To lead and manage the Value Stream to ensure maximum effectiveness, efficiency and co-ordination of all elements of product delivery.
- To lead, manage and develop all Value Stream Team members to realise high performance and continuous improvement. To carry out PMD’s for all appropriate staff ensuring that SMART goals are set, agreed and monitored. To make recommendations for succession planning, talent development and necessary learning interventions to ensure the teams are fully competent.
- To work closely with the Site Leader to contribute to, and ensure that all strategic business plans are created and executed by meeting or exceeding agreed KPI’s.
- To ensure that the Value Stream goals derived from the Site goal tree are understood and communicated to all appropriate staff.
- To ensure that all Value Stream activities adhere to the Site Quality Management System by promoting and incorporating good manufacturing practices which are implemented consistently across the Value Stream team. To ensure that any procedure or process changes are properly documented through the utilisation of the Management of Change process.
- With your Planner(s), ensure demand is delivered through the effective planning of available resources.
- To work with the Engineering Function to ensure that the equipment and operating environment are maintained and designed to the agreed standards to ensure high levels of Safety and Productivity.
- To deliver a year on year improvement plans based on the business strategy requirements – demonstrated by utilising the A3.
- Lean Operations and manufacturing budgets are aligned to the business activities.
- To analyse and critique the Value Stream KPI’s and take actions or provide recommendations in order to continuously improve performance.
- To ensure that all Value Stream activities adhere to the Site Safety Management System can demonstrate full Site & Legislative Compliance.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision of the 4 I’s: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and involvement.
Qualifications & Skills:
- DGSA qualified
- Excellent Role Model Leader Skills.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Sound judgment and good decision making skills.
- Excellent Analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent knowledge and application of Standard Working, PPI Tools & Techniques and affecting legislation.
- IT and data proficient.