Manager, Business Development Service - Europe
Job ID :
United Kingdom - Swindon
- Comply with GMP requirements and company rules, policies and procedures.
- Primary technical leader within the Commercial proposal team from both a manufacturing and technical transfer perspective.
- Monza, Ferentino, Bourgoin, Swindon and Tilburg
- 2017 DPS Actual issuance – 165 R0 Proposals for $689 Million FFYR ($3.1 Billion TCV)
- 2017 PDS Actual issuance – 72 R0 Proposals for $186 Million FFYR ($186 Million TCV)
- Ensure that all necessary technical and business information are received from the client in order to accurately assess the project. Involve the necessary persons at the site level to collect the information.
- Lead the European BDS responsibilities under the PUK structure related to Change of Scopes and Annual Pricing reviews.
- Lead the weekly review call of all proposals currently being worked on through the proposals process.
- Develop and implement Improvements to the Commercial proposal format and Commercial proposal process
- Manage the Commercial Tech Transfer proposal development activities of the group.
- Leads the scheduling of work of the Outstanding Proposals in Europe and leads the distribution of responsibilities to members of their department.
- Present price strategy and ensures that all strategic issues related to the project are well understood by the committee in order to decide on a target site and price or decline the request.
- Coordinate and participate in revising the commercial workbook and proposal based on the outcomes of Executive Outbound Review calls. Ensure the right people are involved locally in order to coordinate the project.
- Interact with the client directly or through the Sales Team to understand the client’s perception and adjust the pricing or proposal accordingly.
- Must be prepared to present proposal analysis to all levels of the organization.
- Coach direct reports, if applicable, on their technical and communication skills in relation to the generation and presentation of Commercial Proposals. Also must ensure that members of the department are challenged and satisfied in their positions, while maintaining optimal performance.
- Prepare and execute management duties for junior members of the group, if applicable (i.e. – performance reviews, career discussions, and recruitment, salary and bonus evaluations).
- Maintain the reporting of the quote tracking system and KPIs for NA BDS team.
- Participate in Leading for Impact training or equivalent.
- Review incoming technical packages and initiate the quotation process with the selected site – 25%
- Review the proposals that are drafted by the Business Development Specialists – 20%
- Review the cost workbooks of sites and recommend options for cost improvement. – 15%
- Lead the European BDS responsibilities under the PUK structure – 15%
- Present NA proposal analysis to the following group and respond to any questions therein; Business Directors, Site Directors and the Sales team – 10%
- Develop and implement Improvements to the Commercial proposal format and Commercial proposal process 10%
- Prepare and execute management duties for junior members of the group, if applicable (i.e. – performance reviews, career discussions, and recruitment, salary and bonus evaluations) - 5%
- Salesforce CRM Activities to track proposals and report KPIs – 5%
- Understand emergency procedures and comply with safe systems of work.
- Ensure compliance with environment, health and safety rules, signage and instructions at all times.
- Ensure prompt reporting and investigation of all accidents, near misses and breaches of rules.
- Minimum Bachelor level education (B.Sc. or Eng) or equivalent professional experience.
- 7-10 Years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Good knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing operations and dosage forms
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop the members of a department
- Demonstrated ability to provide pricing recommendations in a services business
- Dedicated, self-motivated person who can interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Good sense of urgency and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- High Level of computer competency required
- Experience or strong exposure to product costing and proposal writing
- Experience with Pharmaceutical Tech Transfers
- Management experience