Thermo Fisher Scientific, world leader in analytical instruments whose instrument solutions enable our customers to make the world a healthier, cleaner and safer place is seeking a product marketing specialist to join the Marketing team of the Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry Business Unit. The Product Marketing Specialist responsibilities include the development, plan and participation in the New Product Development (NPD) testing as an integral part of both the NPD and New Product Introduction (NPI). In this role She/He supports product launches, validating instrument solution and software, providing input for new product development utilizing a stage gate process, supporting promotional activities, developing strategic partnerships, performing hands on laboratory experiments both in the factory and field, and giving technical presentations/trainings.
Responsible for the supporting the stand-alone gas chromatograph and associated sample preparation product line including:
- Contribute to set up and execute validation programs for new products and software. Collaborate with R&D, Product Support and other Marketing functions to identify new product requirements, required design changes, report and help resolve software defects, and evaluate performance
- Identify, recommend and facilitate partnerships/alliances with other firms as necessary to strengthen the instrument product portfolios to better serve our customers’ full workflow needs
- Represent Voice of the Customer (VOC) and Voice of Sales (VOS) needs to insure that proposed product concepts meet the needs of the customer and provide value differentiation
- Member of new product development teams and coordinate closely with R&D to ensure successful product development, testing and validation
- Support new product development projects from the beginning phase of scoping the project through to the end phase of launch of the product. Product development responsibilities including membership of project teams, providing timely feedack, creating presentations, generating/testing/validating product specifications, executing training for application chemists globally, working with external testers to help validate the product, and executing critical experimental tasks related to feature testing and demonstration
- Assist product managers with all marketing programs with the generation and preparation of materials supporting new product introductions, sales presentations, application notes, research articles, laboratory “proof” data, and other marketing collateral
- Perform technical competitive product comparisons, internal portfolio rationalization and overall market analysis
- Develop sales tools, i.e., presentations, seminars, application notes, demo CDs, technical documentation and competitive analyses to assist sales force to be successful in new product launches
- Develop sales and customer service training tools and conduct training sessions
- Provide input for literature, advertisements, and other customer-facing components; participate in trade shows, seminars, etc.
- Develop and implement all sales training activities to ensure alignment with the Marketing Strategy/Plan
- Travel and meet with customers and sales distributors as required, average 30% travel, domestic & international
- Keep abreast of developments in the Life Science Mass Spectrometry market arena by maintaining communications with experts, regulatory agencies, and organizations and reading published literature
- Hands-on laboratory experience with GC products and application execution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated project management skill and experience
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelor Degree in Chemistry, Engineering or other related discipline from an accredited institution is required. Advanced degrees in science are highly desirable.
- 5+ years experience operating gas chromatograph
This position has been approved for Relocation Assistance.