When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Key responsibilities include, but are not exclusively:
Working in compliance with legislation and IMS (required for all)
Participate as scientist in development projects within FEI or with partners.
- Theoretical analysis in the area of expertise
- Developing (sub)system designs within the area of expertise, in multidisciplinary teams.
- Setup and execution of experiments to investigate detailed behavior of designs and support of their implementation in FEI systems.
- Assist in optimizing of system-level performance (resolution, quality, throughput, cost, …)
- Communication and documentation of own work through presentations and reports.
- Support (through active support and knowledge transfer) FEI’s activities in operations, service, product management, applications development, and marketing.
Manage small-sized study projects
Grow technical currency in state of the art principles and theories relevant to the area of expertise.
Generate novel ideas for improving FEI products in the area of expertise. Create and test corresponding PoP or PoC prototypes.
Travel as necessary to fulfill job requirements (<25%)
Follow the effective documents IMS, EMS and managing documentations
- Certification for electric devices, Co. 50/78 (Vyhláška 50, §) N/A
- Experience: Typically requires 2~7 years of experience.
- Education: Typically a university degree is required, or a combination of education and experience that demonstrate the required skills.
- Senior knowledge in a technical, scientific or specialized field. Knowledge is normally acquired through professional or academic qualification and on the job experience.
- Experienced. Works on diverse objectives and problems where analysis of the situation or data requires an evaluation of identifiable factors. Requires good judgment and thinking to develop solutions to problems. Authority is to act within defined policies within the area of expertise under management direction
- Productive interactions with peers and networking with internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Able to work on diverse objectives and problems where analysis of situation or data requires an evaluation of identifiable factors. Able to apply strong analytical skills combined with good judgment to develop solutions to problems.
- Responsible to meet objectives based on policies and subject to managerial review.
- Experienced professional with a full understanding of are of specialization to resolve a wide range of issues in a creative way.