The repository technician 1 will be responsible for general maintenance and preparation of the warehouse shipping area to pack and ship clinical drug requests worldwide on behalf of our client. Technicians will be given opportunities to learn more tasks as part of their career development. This position will begin in Rockville, MD and will be moved to Frederick, MD at the end of 2018.
- Properly check and pack daily clinical drug request
- Prepare boxes and coolers for use in shipping
- Replenish warehouse supplies as needed
- Complete labeling projects assigned
- Assist in completing inventory adjustments for agent destruction and/or returns to manufacturer.
- Prepare air waybills using an in-house order processing system
- Assist in receipt and inspection of clinical drug shipments
- Repository maintenance and housekeeping
- Forklift training may be required, if so training will be provided.
- Other assigned duties
- Inventory management knowledge
- Good communication (written and oral) skills
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Possess a HS diploma or equivalent, with some experience in the healthcare field
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to use a keyboard up to 6 hours per day.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
This position description is written as a guideline to inform Thermo Fisher Scientific Employees of what is generally expected of them at each job level. The description is not intended to be all encompassing or limiting in any manner; rather, it is hoped it will add understanding and better reflect the work performed at all levels of employment within Thermo Fisher Scientific. Duties and responsibilities other than those listed may be included as needed within the work group or the company as a whole. The above information is for exclusive use within Thermo Fisher Scientific and may not be used or duplicated by others without written consent.