When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
What will you do?
- Develop and maintain planning and buying policies to meet customer delivery requirements.
- Manage suppliers and escalate issues as necessary.
- Drive North America service inventory to meet Operating Plan goals and maintain accuracy of inventory in field service.
- Review excess and obsolete inventory.
- Maximize operational efficiency to meet profitability goals and enable the business to grow as needed.
- Leads hiring, development and performance management for a team of individuals in multiple NA locations.
- Maintains standards, policies, reporting requirements and controls as applicable
- Develop, review, action, and communicate standardized metrics to evaluate and support these areas.
- Ensure alignment with global: Quality systems, and corporate guidelines and policies.
- Interface with IES & interdivisional senior management and functional leaders as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in business administration) or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of leadership experience in a Supply Chain field.
- Knowledge of MRP principals required.
- Excellent computer and software skills, specifically with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Track record in achieving or exceeding business objectives on a consistent basis.
- Solid presentation, communications and influencing skills Demonstrated ability to work in a complex matrix environment and effectively engage an communicate with stakeholders at all organizational levels
- Strong problem solving skills and the desire to learn and use corporate tools (PPI, etc.)
- Works collaboratively with others.
- Can succeed (or even thrives) in a high speed, high pressure environment.
Role may involve travel up to 10+%.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.