When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Director, Channel Development is a key leadership position within the Biosciences Division responsible for Channel Management and Development. The focus of the position will be to define and execute the channel strategy to deliver growth for the BID business through strategic distribution channels.
What will you do?
- Evaluate market/customer purchase practices, preferences, trends, selling activities and distribution methods for reaching the target market and customer segments.
- Refine and leverage commercial/business models for how we fully leverage the strategic distribution channel.
- Optimize existing/future product mix sold through the strategic channel, evolving the strategy to drive channel focus on products which they can influence, both in the field and via alternative mechanisms.
- Own and drive the rationale and strategies for determining and managing the right mix of selling activities, marketing programs, and channel partner commercial actions to reach the target customer and influence the purchase of products or services.
- Catalyze the impact of strategic channel partner through close engagement with channel marketing team to identify and drive programs which are aligned to channel strategies.
- Help define and then execute a strategy to offer Thermo Fisher “Supply Center” programs alongside programs offered by our strategic channel partner, Fisher Scientific.
- Develop and execute annual price-setting strategy as it relates to strategic channel partners, ensure alignment with LSG Global Pricing processes. Identify and drive annual price changes and product rationalizations for products sold through strategic channels.
- Develop and execute unique plans as needed to best address trends within strategic channel partners.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in a life science related field or equivalent work experience. Advanced degree in business or science strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years sales and marketing experience in life sciences or related field with 5 years minimum in a strategic/management role.
- Proven track record of driving growth through strategic distribution channel partnerships (e.g. Fisher Scientific or VWR) is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a “go to market” strategy for a broad product portfolio across the value continuum.
- Strong commercial and business acumen.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a demonstrated ability to use data to drive strategy and action.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to successfully influence peers and senior leaders in a matrix environment.
- Ability to effectively work in highly matrixed environments, with proven success in getting work done through others, outside direct reporting lines.
- Process-oriented and self-motivated with a passion for continuous improvement and customer service.
- Strong computer skills with experience in all Microsoft office programs.
- Proven organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com