About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The Clinical Diagnostics Division (CDD) is an organization made up of business units which develop, manufacture and market instruments and consumables that serve a broad, diverse mix of diagnostic segments. The major business units include Niche Diagnostics, Biomarkers, Clinical Diagnostics Systems, and Contract Manufacturing. Principle locations in the US are in California and Virginia; primary global business unit locations also include Germany and Finland.
As a Financial Analyst you will be a key member of the Division Finance Team supporting Planning, Forecasting and Reporting activities. You will work closely with finance and business leadership to help them achieve financial commitments. In addition you will:
- Work closely with key business partners to identify and mitigate issues impeding the achievement of business goals.
- Help develop financial tracking for our new Cascadion SM Clinical Mass Spectrometry product line due to launch in 2018.
- Improve on data intensive tools with a focus on improving reports and processes.
- Support our Annual Budgeting (AOP) process
- Prepare accurate and timely analyses that capture and communicate business results, variances, and performance trends and make recommendations to drive improvement.
- Provide trends and monthly reporting for the division.
- Help with the consolidation of monthly actuals and forecasts for the Division
- Assist with the preparation of finance and business presentations, including monthly and quarterly business review schedules
- Support ad-hoc internal, division, group, and corporate requests as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or Business Administration
- 2 years of direct experience in financial analysis, reporting, and accounting preferably within a large, matrixed organization
- Excel expertise with advanced knowledge of pivots, charts, and formulas
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge strong professional relationships with peers, and upper management
- Self-motivated with a bias for action
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management or other financial databases preferred.