Analyze demand requirements for Raw Materials and components to support the site Master Production Schedule. Maintain and update material item master data, including purchasing lead time, ordering quantity, expiry, etc. Execute material purchases using MRP to ensure supply and optimal total cost. Support activities related to system maintenance, priorities definition and reporting to ensure that MRP and other systems are up to date and properly control inventory levels.
- Enter and update purchase order into the planning system. Extract and analyze MRP action messages to ensure raw materials and components are available in the right time and quantities to support production plan.
- Assist in the planning and procurement activities for indirect materials, operating supplies, spare parts and manufacturing services as required.
- Maintain material master/parameters:
- Periodic review and validation of item master data information such as lead times, scrap factor, lot size, order quantities, safety stocks, yields.
- Create new ACFs for Materials, intermediate and final product and maintain MRP data
- Coordinate deliveries schedules of blanket orders with vendors (define dates and quantities), and changes in delivery date with vendor.
- Delineate appropriate inventory strategies to manage adequate inventory levels. Monitor cycle count, expired, obsolete and rejected material to avoid impact to the operations area.
- Manage material conversions to minimize obsolescence, reduce impact to customer service and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Escalate supplies key supplier issues to site procurement lead and sourcing specialist.
- Analyze, update, and manage Material Forecast in MRP for direct materials. Provide material forecast for key suppliers. Support Procurement Lead/Supply Manager in other special task or activities, such as build reports and analysis, such as supply KPI reports as required.
- Update Purchasing metrics at appropriate intervals; i.e. weekly/monthly.
- Manage supplier relations to ensure materials and supplies are delivered on-time and in full. Additionally, work with the suppliers to reduce internal lead time.
- Continuously improve the supply chain process (Planning, Scheduling, Inventory Management) through the use of Practical Process Improvement techniques.
- College degree or Technical School diploma in Business or related discipline.
- Certified Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) or Certified Professional Purchaser (CPP) designation strongly preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of previous experience in a Buyer role required, preferablywithin a manufacturing or pharmaceutical environment.
- ERP experience is a must. Experience with SAP preferred.
- Previous experience in a GMP environment strongly preferred.
- Computer literate in SAP, as well as in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Written and verbal proficiency with the English language.
- Knowledge in problem solving techniques necessary. Knowledge in process improvement techniques preferred.
- Must be well organized and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to travel between sites to provide on-site support as required.
- Demonstrated commitment to our fundamental principles of Integrity, Respect and Excellence
Work is located in a comfortable indoor area. Position requires ordinary ambulatory skills and physical coordination sufficient to move about office locations; ability to lift small objects and tools, and/or operate keyboard and computer monitor equipment for short duration (eg. lifts very light items such as a stapler). Regular need to attend to and decipher sensory input that requires diligence and attention to interpret effectively.
This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Managers and supervisors may assign other duties as needed.
Nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.