As a member of the Corporate EHS/Risk Management team, this position will play a key role in the development, implementation and on-going maintenance of Corporate EHS programs and initiatives that will ensure effective, on-going EHS performance within our businesses. This position will work closely with other Corporate EHS /Risk Management team members as well as liaise with EHS and business leaders throughout the operations. This position will report to the Director of EHS and Operational Effectiveness and will have ongoing responsibilities and assignments that will help improve the Company’s EHS performance and overall risk profile.
- Works with the Director of EHS and Operational Effectiveness to ensure that the Corporate EHS strategy and performance expectations are communicated, established and effectively implemented in the operating businesses.
- Establishes and monitors key performance metrics to measure progress against goals and to evaluate EHS program effectiveness. Advises organizational leaders on performance improvements and leads improvement initiatives. Uses the data to drive improvement plans and track progress against goals
- Utilizes the SHED for ongoing monitoring of business performance. Develops reporting mechanisms to gather easy access to data for corporate and divisional quarterly business reviews, internal business reviews and ongoing daily management. Serves as a backup administrator for the SHED and assists in the ongoing improvement of our data collection processes.
- Manages the Risk Incident Reporting process ensuring that the program is well communicated, internal controls are robust and that data received is collected, analyzed, used to drive improvements.
- Assists in the development, implementation and ongoing management of risk control programs and other corporate standards.
- Participates in internal audits and EHS Management System maturity assessments as deemed necessary.
- Partners with the internal audit function and business leaders to analyze EHS and regulatory compliance efforts across the business to bring focus and attention to resolving issues. Promotes strong EHS discipline across businesses.
- Supports employee engagement and EHS awareness and communication through media sources including training and orientation materials, EHS Matters emails and newsletters, yammer feeds and other appropriate resources.
- Works with individual businesses, divisions and groups to ensure appropriate levels of EHS resources are maintained. Provides support and guidance to operational EHS leaders to ensure their continued development and success.
- Facilitates the establishment and support of the Corporate EHS Leadership Council.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Health and Safety, Environmental Science/Engineering, Life Sciences, or related technical discipline required.
- A minimum of ten years of industry, government or EHS Consulting experience with a proven record of establishing effective programs and delivering continuous performance improvements.
- Demonstrated skills and familiarity with a broad range of EHS programs in diverse manufacturing environments and expert skills in one or more of the following areas: environmental or safety management systems; waste, air, or water compliance management; industrial health/hygiene; occupational safety; bio-safety; and process safety management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to think strategically and translate to a tactical level.
- Ability to exercise judgment as to the levels of involvement and intervention appropriate in order to meet responsibilities and objectives.
- Exhibits a high degree of professional judgment, integrity, initiative and motivation.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to evaluate data and information and to use logical reasoning to arrive at appropriate and supportable conclusions. Organized and detailed oriented, with a strong focus on accuracy.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Master’s degree (in business or related technical field) or professional certification a plus.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing/continuous improvement principles.