Job Title: Business Analyst III
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With annual revenues of more than $20 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Digital Engineering Team is engaged in cloud-based science platform engineering and development of rich scientific desktop/enterprise-hardened cloud-ready and cloud applications. The cloud applications are micro-services-based Java/JEE web apps deployed on AWS Infrastructure and distributed in a SaaS model. The design and development follows the industry-standard scrum-based agile development process.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Business Analyst (a.k.a. Product Owner) provides business and functional expertise and acts as the voice of the customer in articulating and prioritizing desired functionality. The product owner is responsible for the deliverables of the team being truly aligned to customer intent and business value. The product owner is the sole arbiter of the team backlog, but leans on the development team to help refine, contribute and sequence work. This person is visionary with the requisite functional knowledge to bridge the divide between business intent and execution of the team.
Business Analyst responsibilities include
- Creates, refines and deletes work items in the team backlog in order to keep it organized, relevant and progressively elaborated just in time
- Works with Product Management, customers and stakeholders to ensure their wants and needs are backed into the backlog in succinct and plain language
- Owns priority of work items in the backlog at the team level with some priorities inherited from the parent program backlog
- Hosts and facilitates sprint review /demo as well as formulating relevant attendee list for each session
- Ensure required artifacts are produced and readily available for PMO memorialization for the purposes of audit and compliance
- Represents their team for PO Sync in order to coordinate/communicate shifting priorities
- Works with the Release Train Engineer, Product Management, and their Scrum Master to ensure the team is prepared for program level events such as PI Planning, Inspect and Adapt and system or PI demos
- Ensures there is enough “ready” backlog to sustain team planning every two weeks
- Provide project planning and management support to ensure project completion on time and within budget;
- Develop documentation, training and other materials as needed by customers.
- 3+ years of hands on Product Owner experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other leading cloud deployment platforms and services
- Exposure to design, development and automated testing of SaaS and PaaS products
- Exposure to regulated software development, testing and deployment methodologies
- Good understanding of various scientific techniques/workflows in molecular biology and cell biology;
- Experience with a LIMS system; Good understanding of laboratory process and methods
- Experience in one of the Languages: Python, Perl, Linux/Unix scripting
- Thorough understanding of Agile/Scrum software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Excellent analytical and technical skill - ability to apply multiple solutions to business problems; ability to review, synthesize, and present scientific data and methods.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – ability to present information to both business and technology teams with clarity and precision
- Excellent planning, organizational skills, and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively with dispersed, remote and global teams when needed.
- Ability to anticipate issues, risk and work proactively to develop alternatives to ensure delivery
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, establish and manage competing priorities, work independently and be proactive and perform effectively under pressure.
M.Sc/PhD/MS in Bioinformatics/molecular biology or related areas of discipline. OR Computer science degree with demonstrated experience in molecular biology.
Location and Work Environment:
We are hiring in Bangalore, India.
Thermo Fisher enjoys a relatively casual work environment, with open areas that foster collaboration. Like most places, we get very busy at times, but we value a healthy work/life balance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.