About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services
Business Development Manager / Key Account Manager Europe - Custom Clinical Control
This role is to develop the Direct Molecular Quality Control Market in Europe and to further leverage Molecular QC through GSM Organization .
You will be responsible for business development and achieving sales goals associated with the Custom & OEM Quality Control Business within the Clinical Diagnostic Division (CDD) at Thermo Fisher Scientific. Territory responsibility would be UK, Ireland, Italy, France, Germany and Nordics. This role requires focus on specifically on Custom Business Development for our QC product line, delivery of customer support and satisfaction, manages the assigned territory/customers as a business with responsibility for profit and revenue growth. Significant overnight travel is required. Candidate should possess accountability, a sense of urgency, and a strong desire to succeed. Individual must possess and execute a strong hunting mentality to penetrate new customers and expand existing customers.
- Responsible for developing specific account & territory strategies for business development and revenue growth within multiple clinical settings
- Working with assay development with major manufacturers, from feasibility to development to commercialization.
- Specializes in clinical and research laboratories, blood centres, and IVD Instrument/Assay manufacturers with a strong focus behind building a custom portfolio.
- Strong focus on developing and negotiating OEM/Custom Quality Control contracts for manufacturers in molecular diagnostics, next-generation sequencing, clinical chemistry, and microbiology.
- Make sales calls, schedule visits to current and prospective clients/customers, effectively manage all stages of sales cycle.
- Develop and grow partnership opportunities within key accounts.
- Partnership with direct countries to further leverage and strengthen our value proposition.
- Apply working knowledge of Professional, Consultative, and Strategic Selling skills to maintain existing business, develop incremental business in existing accounts, and conduct cold calls to develop new accounts.
- Serve as a channel of information to the business unit about customers, markets and competition. Receive guidance concerning markets, prices, products, deliveries and competition from the business unit and sales management.
- Act as company consultant for problems, and provide initial support to solving those problems related to company products.
- Maintain positive relationships with business unit personnel for service and/or technical support, and client/customer purchasing agents.
- Qualify sales leads, answer inquiries and maintain accurate records of activities using approved CRM software
- Attend sales meetings, maintain an outside sales office, and an up-to-date database of clients/customers for opportunity pipeline management, forecasting, and CRM purposes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.