Position Summary: Thermo Fisher Scientific is a large multi-national corporation with over 1,000 domestic and foreign subsidiaries and affiliates. This individual will play a key role with regard to the income tax accounting and reporting for these legal entities. In addition, this individual may also be responsible for various aspects of tax compliance and research and planning for Thermo Fisher Scientific and its affiliated companies.
Accounting for Income Taxes – The rules and reporting requirements under ASC 740 are becoming increasingly more complex as applied to Thermo Fisher Scientific. As such, this individual will be called upon to:
- Assist with maintenance of One Source Tax Provision module, this includes but is not limited to reviewing and updating tax rates, permanent differences, temporary differences and cumulative temporary differences on a quarterly basis for each individual subsidiary.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly and year-end income tax provisions for each individual subsidiary.
- Assist with and review Return to Provision analyses for each individual subsidiary on an annual basis
- Gather and analyze data to assist in the determination of the overall effective income tax rate for each quarter.
- Analyze and reconcile various income, franchise, and other tax accounts maintained within accounting ledgers so as to properly calculate and report current and deferred tax balances.
- Ensure all tax accounts are accurately computed on a quarterly basis and prepare associated tax entries.
- Assist with all quarterly financial statement disclosures including the tax footnote and UTP disclosures.
- Work closely with other members of the tax and finance teams to prepare and analyze various tax forecasts and projections.
- Monitor tax payments by jurisdiction each quarter and prepare/update forecasted tax payments by jurisdiction each quarter.
Other - Maintain regular communication with various business unit and subsidiary controllers to understand direction and activity of the company so as to be able to proactively provide tax consulting and advice as needed.
- BS/BA (Masters in Taxation preferred)
- 4 - 7 Years Experience
- Certified Public Accountant
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.