Director, Talent Management and Development
Job ID :
US - Massachusetts - Waltham
- Align company-wide learning and development initiatives with Thermo Fisher’s overarching business strategies and culture.
- Build a high potential selection, assessment and development process to retain and accelerate the development of our high potential employees.
- Partner with external providers to design and develop training programs to meet global employee development needs. Review, assess and implement enhancements to current programs to ensure best learning solutions that will meet employee needs.
- Identify training and development requirements by conducting needs analysis on organization results, job requirements, operational problems, company plans and forecasts, and current training programs
- Design, develop and, in some cases, deliver custom programs to meet critical development needs.
- Provide organizational development solutions to businesses as needed. This includes consulting in change management, team effectiveness, building organizational engagement, organizational design consulting and leadership effectiveness support.
- Develop methods and tools to measure development and training initiative impact and effectiveness across the organization.
- Maintain current industry information, including new thinking and new approaches, and regularly communicate to TMD management and staff as appropriate.
- Consult with local TMD Partner’s to ensure the work of the COE represents the needs of the businesses.
- Bachelor’s degree required, masters degree preferred
- 8-10 years of progressive TMD experience; 6-8 years designing and developing leadership curriculums
- Strong OD consulting skills
- Able to communicate, influence and persuade at all levels of the organization
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent group facilitation, consultation, and leadership/executive coaching skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
Candidate must demonstrate the following key competencies:
- Build and maintain a strong network of professional relationships over a long period of time
- Demonstrate excellent business acumen
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills
- Interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Persuade and influence decision makers