In support of IT service restoration for the Global enterprise, the Major Incident Manager (MIM) will initiate and lead Major Incident conference calls in response to critical business impacting IT outages. He/ She will utilize established work flows and tools to work with affected teams and technical teams toward IT service restoration in a timely manner. The best candidates for the role have a strong comprehension of incident response plans and coordination of activities, work well with other people and have strong verbal and written communication skills, a sense of diplomacy, ability to anticipate obstacles, and decision-making skills to handle the fast-paced world of incident management. Foundational skills in incident response, incident management, chain of custody, and event analysis are essential.
- Assess business impact using sound customer facing judgment.
- Instill confidence in senior Business and IT leadership throughout the call by maintaining a sense of urgency toward impact mitigation while remaining calm, positive, and customer focused.
- Provide verbal and written business impact updates to senior business and IT leadership.
- Capture all Major Incident details and update all necessary documents and databases in real-time.
- Coordinate response efforts to cyber incidents caused by external threats that may involve nontraditional working hours.
- Serve as a liaison to different businesses and interface with fellow team members and colleagues on other security teams. As-needed, manage relationships with business partners, management, vendors, and external parties.
- Drive integration with other corporate incident management programs to ensure consistency and alignment with peer support teams within IT.
- Lead small to medium sized projects as directed by leadership.
- Be a champion for process and documentation. Develop and document processes to ensure consistent and scalable response operations and ensure continuous improvement to the company’s incident response plan.
- Develop and deliver metrics to leadership.
- Create ready-to-go draft communications and ensure timely reports/updates to leadership during and after an event.
- Own and manage the team’s internal action playbooks and knowledgebase.
- Be the proponent of keeping to sound and established incident management methodologies and hold all IT teams to the rigor.
- Conduct regular MIM process trainings to IT teams to ensure adherence and refreshers.
- When not on MIM calls, this particular role in the MIM team will be responsible for creating and maintaining internal customer facing aspects of the intranet. It will be advantageous for this position to have some proficiency with Microsoft applications including SharePoint, PowerBI, PowerApps, Flow, Sway, Yammer, etc. The candidate will use their Microsoft Application skillsets to assist other MIM team members in to accomplish their project objectives.
- BA in a Communications discipline with additional focus or career experience in IT or Operations Management. MBA, or MS preferred.
- Clear command of the English language and able to speak Mandarin fluently.
- 2-3 years of experience with using O365 Applications to facilitate multi-channel communications.
- Familiarity with Key Performance Indicator data capture, validation, and metrics analysis.
- Ability and desire to lead the implementation of technical solutions to IT problems in dynamic, high-pressure situations.
- Delivers complex messages/subject matter in a style that is appropriate for a broad audience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a globally diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Developed ability for public speaking, and relaying business critical information to senior leadership on demand.
- Writes clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication tools (memos, presentations, reports, etc.).
- Uses knowledge and sound research ability to reconcile conflicts and make recommendations for operational improvements.
- Strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into IT operational improvements.
- Will be expected to assist with coverage for other regional MIMs during their normal work day due to absence, holiday, etc. May require additional hours and/or additional/varying work days, possibly with short notice.
- Regular weekend on-call rotation required (frequency varies based on staffing and/or business needs).
- Must be reliable and dependable and flexible to changing shifts to ensure proper staff coverage during planned and unplanned absences or special business processing times such as Quarter End/Year End.
- Experience and competency with Incident Management Programs/Solutions.
- Strong understanding and demonstrated experience applying a risk-based approach to IT issues and assessments.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- 5-7+ years of combined experience in incident management, problem management, business continuity, information assurance, risk management, security operations or related fields.