Laboratory Equipment Technologies (LET) business unit within the Laboratory Products Division. LET has a powerful portfolio of lab equipment technologies and solutions for global markets. Our business unit has $650M in annual revenue and serves a diverse mix of geographies, end markets and applications, with six major product families supported by R&D and manufacturing across three continents. We have dedicated and passionate team members around the world who live and breathe lab equipment and how they can help our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
How will you make an impact?
This is done through the use of Lean methodologies including value stream mapping, standardized work, continuous flow, material flow, and much more. You also will have an opportunity to specify and/or design tools, equipment, racks, data streams, and fixtures to improve process metrics.
- Work with cross functional teams including Production, Quality, Materials, Design Engineering, Maintenance, Sourcing to apply root cause analysis tools to develop and implement corrective actions to issues that arise during Qualification and Launch.
- Work to establish new manufacturing processes and continuously improve existing processes to improve product quality, delivery and overall customer satisfaction.
- BSME, BSIE, or BSEE degree or higher preferred.
- Lean fabrication and assembly techniques applied to high mix/low volume product families, especially for painted and unpainted metal components, wire harnesses, foaming, brazing, leak checking, and performance validation methods.
- Working knowledge of computer systems and data processing.
- Expertise in Automation, Robotics and Mechatronics, for automation of processes, and programming/ integrating PLCs (Siemens, Allen Bradley, Direct Soft) and HMIs (Panel View, C-more, and Pro Designer).
- Demonstrated experience with scoping project requirements, justifying capital expenditures, and implementing projects which increase Safety, Quality, Capacity, and/or Productivity
- 2D and 3D drafting skills (AutoCAD and SolidWorks) preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.