This sales representative will be responsible for the promotion of, and achieving sales goals associated with MAS clinical chemistry quality control, LabLink xL, ISD/TDM and Indiko product lines within south and central Texas and Louisiana territory. This role requires focus on the delivery of customer support and satisfaction, and manages the assigned territory/customers as a business with responsibility for profit and revenue growth. Significant overnight travel is required. Candidate should possess accountability, a sense of urgency, and a strong desire to succeed.
- Responsible for developing specific account and territory strategies while promoting the sale of company products and services within the assigned territory.
- Make sales calls, schedule visits to current and prospective clients/customers, effectively manage all stages of sales cycle.
- Apply working knowledge of Professional, Consultative, and Strategic Selling skills to maintain existing business, develop incremental business in existing accounts, and conduct cold calls to develop new accounts.
- Work effectively with distribution channels that support the business in addition to direct sales.
- Serve as a channel of information to the business unit about customers, markets and competition. Receive guidance concerning markets, prices, products, deliveries and competition from the business unit and sales management.
- Act as company consultant for problems, and provide initial support to solving those problems related to company products.
- Maintain positive relationships with business unit personnel for service and/or technical support, and client/customer purchasing agents.
- Qualify sales leads, answer inquiries and maintain accurate records of activities using approved CRM software.
- Attend sales meetings, maintain an outside sales office, and an up-to-date database of clients/customers for opportunity pipeline management, forecasting, and CRM purposes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree required, preferably in Laboratory Medicine, Chemistry, Biology or related field
- Minimum 3 years successful sales and channel relationship experience, preferably in the Clinical Chemistry and/or Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory environment.
- Must be willing to travel up to 70% of the time
- Demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate resources and work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to plan and execute sales activities with minimal direct supervision
- Must provide detailed and timely reporting.
- Effective interpersonal and listening skills, communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Accurate forecasting ability.
- SalesForce.com experience a plus.
- Detail-orientation, analytical approach, strong prioritization skills
- Must have highest degree of professionalism and ethics
- Must live in close proximity to a major airport within sales territory