When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Service Engineer is responsible for managing all aspects of field service support and customer relationship management. The successful candidate will provide complete services on Surface Analysis XPS systems including installation, repair, preventative maintenance, and instrument qualification. Our ideal candidate will be customer oriented, an advocate for Thermo Fisher Scientific and be eager to drive growth. This position is ideal for a service engineer wanting to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant variety of customers and challenges.
- Provides onsite installation of instruments, upgrades, updates, repairs and planned service
- Displays professionalism, understanding, tact, fairness and technical knowledge in all customer interactions
- Minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience as a Service Engineer, particularly working with complex analytical instrumentation such as XPS, Auger, SIMS, SEM, TEM, FIB or similar systems, or relevant industry experience in a customer facing role.
- Must have a thorough understanding and experience troubleshooting and repairing ultra-high vacuum systems
- Effective communication skills and ability to establish good customer rapport
- Customer focus oriented
- Exercises judgment setting work priorities and identifies next steps
- Ability to work independently within a customer location
- Participates as a positive influence to the team
- Extensive Travel required (over 50%)
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in a related discipline
- Hands on experience working with Surface Analysis Equipment
- Experience in related product applications
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com