Thermo Fisher Scientific has an immediate opening for a Sr. Financial Analyst at our Asheville, North Carolina facility.
Finance professional with exceptional financial modeling talent to support our flagship $600M+ laboratory equipment facility in Asheville, NC which includes manufacturing, distribution and service operations as Sr. Financial Analyst.
This role favors the extremely analytical who thrive on the challenges inherent in dissecting complex problems, utilizing facts/data to derive a conclusion and delivering clear recommendations to drive action and improve business results. This position will help to drive the success of the business by providing information and analysis to assist in decision-making.
The successful candidate will mainly support the manufacturing operations but will also support the supply chain organization and be involved in a variety of project-based work.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Operations periodic reporting and metrics requirements
- Drive development of operational reporting and KPIs with a more real-time, daily focus
- Partner with Leadership Teams to support and drive the business with timely, accurate, value-added analysis and recommendations. Support key strategic deployment initiatives
- Develop and implement financial models which identify and provide analysis for the key drivers for Variances versus Plan on monthly revenue, cost and expense reporting – including volume/mix analysis. Perform trend analysis
- Key contributor to the periodic planning and forecasting processes
- Work within HFM, the Corp’s consolidated financial reporting package, with intense attention to detail. Create, analyze and distribute weekly and month- end management reports
- Provide ad hoc analysis to the operational and leadership teams in order to improve performance leading to increased productivity and profitability
- Review and communicate operational site performance
- Assist Materials Manager with tactical inventory reduction initiatives
- Actively participate in PPI profit improvement teams both within Finance and Site Operations
- Manage multiple assignments/projects simultaneously. Other responsibilities as assigned
- Clear understanding of operating and cost drivers, with the ability to translate and interpret these within financial results
- Proven track record of building complex financial models
- Solid financial analysis (2 years), forecasting, budgeting and planning experience
- Experience with Cognos or similar reporting packages
- Excellent communication skills: ability to present analytical results in verbal and written form
- Strong problem solving, data analysis and teamwork skills are essential
- Manufacturing Finance / Accounting and HFM (Hyperion Financial Management) experience highly desirable
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business related, MBA Preferred
- 4+ years of progressive business experience in finance and/or accounting roles. (FP&A type roles that support complex analysis, budgeting and forecasting of business impacts / trends), with at least 2 years in a manufacturing environment
- Advanced Excel Skills (2 – 4+) years of experience in a heavy manual analysis & reporting environment. Specific abilities include V-Look-Ups, What-If statements, Rate /Volumes and Data filters to draw solid business conclusions and spot emerging trends
- Strong aptitude for multi-dimensional financial reporting databases with proven data handling skills and demonstrated ability to turn high volumes of data into actionable information
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure and to handle multiple assignments simultaneously. Comfortable in a fast-paced and team oriented environment