How you will make an impact
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. As the Director, Global Diversity and Inclusion you’ll support the strategic diversity and inclusion plan that drives business results and creates a competitive advantage for Thermo Fisher Scientific.
What you'll do
As the Employee Services Program/Process Leader you'll manage and lead the strategy for identification of improvement opportunities for current global HR, Payroll and T&E operations and processes. In addition, you will establish and manage multiple, simultaneous global project plans to deliver on improvements ensuring accountability for commitments and elevating the performance of the Employee Services teams to become world class. You'll lead the development, documentation and socialization of a robust roadmap for future work to move to the Employee Services organization, maximizing the productivity and efficiency of the team, and driving the increased scope, value and impact of services delivered to the global Thermo Fisher Scientific employee population.
- Lead the creation of a roadmap and supporting business case(s) to build out concierge-like services for the employee “moments that matter”, facilitating a high-touch, person-to-person interaction that involves the proactive delivery of information and training in an employee-friendly, consumer-oriented manner (Onboarding of new/transferred employees, training of new people-managers, LOA, Employee Terminations, etc.).
- Create, implement and train Employee Services team on a Service Transition Framework for consistent, global approach for bringing new work into the Employee Experience Team (HR1, T&E and Payroll), including tools, approach, documentation, project tracking, baseline, end-to-end process orientation, current state, future state, communications and change management strategies. Leverage as appropriate work already in place for the “Accelerated Delivery Team” (ADT) in EMEA.
- Drive the creation, implementation and oversight of a demand management process for the P&O Platform to facilitate a fair, transparent and accessible process to bring work requests to the Platform, assess and prioritize based upon available resource capacity, ROI and business impact.
- Build out a plan and approach for both a pilot and ultimately a full implementation of an HR1/Payroll Chat functionality. This would include establishing the technology, training, management support mechanisms, KPI’s and knowledge base capabilities.
- Partner with Information Systems on the approach to building out an aggregated Content Management and Knowledge Management capability and storage repository. Devise an approach for global Policy Administration and maintenance including versioning, formal change control and assigned responsibilities in partnership with key internal stakeholders and partners.
- Build out a global “chess-board” that illustrates the HR1, T&E and Payroll service offerings at the process and sub-process level and at the geographical and/or group business levels to identify gaps and variances in service delivery. Build roadmap to drive for global consistency as appropriate. Establish clear and appropriate thresholds for implementation of HR1 coverage.
- Create a formal RCA (Root Cause Analysis) approach and methodology to quickly and consistently address breakdowns in service quality, service delivery or process deficiencies as well as implementation of short and long-term corrective measures. Facilitate a stakeholder-focused feedback mechanism to quickly address issues.
- MBA degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in a fast-paced, diverse, complex and highly matrixed environment
- Proactive, motivated, results oriented individual capable of partnering with diverse perspectives and backgrounds to negotiate positive outcomes that impact the work of internal, external and cross-functional partners.
- Proven track record of leading in key areas:
- Shared Services Operations
- New Business Development
- Business Strategy and IT Alignment
- KPI / Success Metric Management
- Cross-functional Leadership
- Remote, Global Team Management
- Process Automation
- Project and Program Execution