As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 20 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 800 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. We employ experts in several different functions such as production, instrument and reagent manufacturing, R&D, marketing, sales, quality, support functions and supply chain. We hire experts in different engineering fields, chemistry, microbiology and bioinformatics. Vantaa site is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers, laboratory automation solutions and food safety kits.
Please find more information on www.thermofisher.com
Manufacturing Scientist / Engineer, LCMS
We are now seeking a Manufacturing Scientist / Engineer to join our Operations organization for microbiology business in Vantaa, Finland.
You will be working in an exciting global project to introduce a new instrument and to develop our Vantaa Operations as a center of excellence for IVD instruments. On a long term you will be supporting the manufacturing in Vantaa and subcontractors globally.
We are looking for an LCMS specialist with hands-on on experience on LC-MS analysis and data interpretation as well as quality control. The successful candidate has strong problem-solving and communications skills with background in manufacturing engineering, analytical chemistry, bioscience or relevant field. We are expecting an active, project work oriented team player who can work independently but also in good co-operation with diverse individuals and comfortably navigate between R&D engineering, QARA and manufacturing organizations. Our international working environment, fast paced working rhythm and sometimes rapidly changing operational environment require flexibility, understanding of big picture and continuous learning. The selected candidate will be an integral part ensuring manufacturing support and productivity of new as well as existing products.
- Support and maintain liquid chromatography (LC) assembling and testing, Mass spectrometry (MS) installation and Quality Control (QC) testing processes of IVD instrument
- Create/maintain LC, MS and QC testers and test SW (instructions, tools)
- Execute process validations and related documentation
- Create/update the manufacturing process risk assessment related to changes made to processes and testers
- Implement LC, MS and QC changes related to manufacturing instructions and Bill of materials (BOM)
- Participate manufacturing testing capability scaling up
- Participate non-conformance handling process (failure root-cause analysis, corrective actions, preventive actions)
Experience / Qualification:
- Graduated (University or University of applied sciences) in Analytical Chemistry/ Bioscience/ Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent University degree in science
- Several years of work experience in LCMS field (incl. Softwares, LC-MS analysis and data-analysis)
- Experience in implementing and maintaining QC processes and tools
- Experience in implementing and maintaining assembling and testing processes and tools
- Experience in documenting and reporting
- Good Microsoft Office SW capabilities
- Good communication skills in spoken and written Finnish and English
Additionally we value:
- Knowledge of FDA/In Vitro regulated diagnostic products manufacturing and related authority requirements
- Experience in use of PDM and/or ERP system
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV and a salary request in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Reference: 64314BR
Please apply by 8th of April, 2018.
Should you have any questions, please contact Operations Project Manager Riitta Karvo at +358 400 420 374 on 27th of March 2018 2–3 pm or 28th of March 2018 10–11 am.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.