Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $20 billion and 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
As one of the largest biotechnology companies in Germany, we research, develop and produce innovative biomarker diagnostics and distribute our products in more than 65 countries. For our Sales- and Service organization Microgenics GmbH we are looking asap for a
Field Service Engineer Austria (m/w)
Location: Home-Office Position requiring travels within DACH Area
In this position you will provide post-sales customer support technical services as well as on-line support as required to ensure the products meet performance and operation standards and exceed our customer's expectation. You will play a key role in the commercial success for CascadionTM SM Clinical Analyzer, a highly innovative fully automated LCMSMS system specifically designed for clinical laboratories. By leveraging Liquid Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry (LCMS) technology in a turnkey fully automated system, customers will benefit from best in class sensitivity and ease of use.
You will be a focused serving the DACH region (ie: Austria, Switzerland and Germany). The main responsibilities include targeting achieving customer commitments and engaging in the customer experience to drive long term satisfaction, loyalty and retention. As a valuable team member you will be working closely together with the commercial marketing team and sales team to build strong long-term customer loyalty to Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Work independently as a part of a Service team to service liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry products dedicated for Clinical laboratories involving: Installations, Telephone and On-site Diagnostics, Preventative Maintenance visits, Un-scheduled service, Remote service and Customer training.
- Accurately document field service activities, including installation report and service work report, expense report and timely submit through the required systems.
- Share experience and best practice of product services and applications with colleagues. Contribute to knowledge base to allow continued improvement of work efficiency and effectiveness.
- Effectively communicate with Hotline, Field Application Specialist, Support Specialist, Service manager, Sales Representatives and Sales Manager.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement projects to enhance work quality and effectiveness.
- BS degree or above in engineering (electrical or mechanical) or other BS degree with equivalent professional experience.
- Sound working knowledge of analytical instrumentation and preferably Field Service experience in installing, servicing, and strong understanding of LC/MS or other IVD instrumentation.
- Understanding and experience of liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry instrumentation and software is a strong plus.
- Proven ability to diagnose and resolve problems on sophisticated electronic and mechanical instrumentation in a challenging environment.
- Ability to work independently, have effective communication skills in both English and German (French is a plus).
- Must be willing and able to travel extensively (est. 70% - 80%).
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to
our singular mission.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other legally protected status.