When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Position is field based and can be located within the US
The Manager, Assay & Application Specialists - AIS will be a member of the AIS North America Sales Leadership Team and provide commercial leadership for the Antibodies & Immunoassay (AIS) Business Unit. The role will oversee North America activities and set and execute strategy for the team that serves our customers related to the QuantiGene and Immunoassay portfolios. The role will manage QuantiGene Technical Sales Specialists (TSS) and Field Application Scientists (FAS) supporting the QuantiGene and Immunoassay portfolios.
- Establish and execute sales strategy for the assigned portfolio.
- Drive field- based application development programs to promote our offering and better serve our customers.
- Provide leadership, coaching and feedback to direct reports.
- Continually evaluate individual skills, strengths and opportunities for growth for members of your team. Guide development plans, monitor regularly and clearly communicate performance expectations.
- Partner with internal colleagues in sales, finance and commercial operations to provide timely and accurate tracking, forecasting and analysis of the business.
- Manage and drive CRM management by direct reports. Establish expectations that all significant activities and opportunities will be input and managed in the CRM system in accordance with commercial policies, procedures and conventions.
- Coordinate and provide timely input to the business from the field team in relation to market conditions, competition, new technologies, key opinion leaders (KOL) and customer applications to drive productive marketing and lead generation programs, relevant sales collateral and application development that best serves our growth objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or related field; or the equivalent combination of knowledge and experience
- 5+ years of hands-on research experience and strong technical knowledge and ability in the areas of genomics and immunology
- 5+ years of sales experience in the Life Science Industry
- Experience selling laboratory equipment >$20k
- Experience managing a forecast/pipeline compromised of run rate and big deals
- Previous experience with training/mentoring members of a sales team
- Strong ability to work in a team environment
- Strong communication, organizational and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Advanced degree in a Life Science discipline
- Previous people management experience