Supports laboratory functions for Bulk Formulations. Includes cleaning, preparing and stocking labware for manufacturing use. May perform filtrations as well as buffer/stock preparation.
- Clean all labware for the facility according to cGMP and SOPs; includes operation of GMP labware washing equipment.
- Stock and organize cleaned labware for Formulations use ensuring constant supply.
- Operation of autoclave for sterilization of parts and equipment.
- Perform steam sterilization and clean in place (CIP) for formulations vessels as required.
- Maintain daily logs in accordance with cGMP and GDP.
- May perform filtrations using pumps and other equipment.
- May manufacture buffers and stock solutions used in formulations; complete batch records following SOPs.
- Weighing, transfer, mixing of chemicals required.
- Participate in continuous improvement including daily/weekly sustaining activities for the lab environment.
- Keep department lead or manager updated on all issues.
- Monitor stocks of common lab supplies; help reorder items as needed including broken or worn labware.
- Perform other job duties as required.
- Must possess High School Diploma with AA degree preferred.
- 2-4 years experience, preferably in a laboratory setting
- Experience working in a cGMP facility preferred.
- Certificate in Biotechnology or related a plus.
- Experience working in a lab environment a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented, organized, self-motivated and focused. Good customer service skills.
- Can follow procedures carefully.
- Computer/software skills (Outlook, Excel and Word)
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- High School degree or equivalent
- Must be able to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time (up to 8 hrs).
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs routinely
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $20B in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
JOIN US for our Careers Open House!
Explore opportunities in Operations, Quality, and R&D.
Saturday, March 10th from 9am-1pm and
Thursday, March 15th from 3pm-6pm
We hope to see you there!