Hours 6:00AM- 2:30PM Monday-Friday
To complete all warehouse functions as assigned in a safe, efficient and accurate manner assisting in ensuring that all of the day’s work is completed. This would include functions ranging from inventory control, material handling, and order processing.
- Stocking-responsible for efficiently putting away material so it is available as quickly as possible to be shipped to customers.
- Product Labeling- responsible for accurately and skillfully labeling and relabeling materials with a Thermo Fisher label.
- Material Repackaging- responsible for repackaging products safely as per repackaging specifications.
- Repack Set-up – responsible for evaluating repacks and making adjustments as needed based on reorder points, backorders and available storage space. Supply chemical packagers with bottles, caps and other supplies needed in the repackaging department. Responsible for picking bulk material from location for use in the repack process. Ensure that the repack supplies (bottles, bags, etc.) are stored in appropriate areas, and that non-hazardous repack materials are removed from the department in a timely manner.
- Conduct daily warehouse cleaning/organization in line with the 5S philosophy. Ensure aisles are free of obstructions; coordinate with Shipping Manager to ensure supplies are staged in appropriate areas for shippers.
- Other job functions as assigned by the Department Manager or Supervisor or the Operations Manager
- Observes all departmental and Quality System procedures and work instructions.
- Supports Thermo Fisher’s commitment for continuous improvement by documenting process improvement opportunities throughout the Quality System.
Environmental, Health & Safety Responsibilities:
- Follows and abides by all EH&S policies, practices, and procedures in association with department specific responsibilities.
- Demonstrates technical and procedural proficiency and self-assuredness in applying EH&S standards.
- Responsible for contributing to audit readiness and for participating in EH&S audits with internal Company groups, regulatory agencies, and customers.
- Responsible for reporting all near misses, accidents, and dangerous occurrences through the appropriate Company procedures to ensure an investigation is initiated.
- Cooperate with all root cause investigations and follow corrective actions and compliance with Company policies and procedures, and all state and federal regulations occurs within department.
- Support the Company’s commitment for environmental health & safety by applying ISO 14001.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1 to 3 years warehouse experience preferred.
- Must be able to document records in English and communicate orally and in writing in English.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with others.
- Must be able to effectively work independently and as a team.
Skills/Experience Valued but not Required:
- Experience in a chemical warehouse environment.
- Experience with an I Series (JDE/AS400).
- Must be computer literate and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- This position will require some heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs., heavier weights with assistance). Must be able to work an 8-12 hour shift in a fast paced environment. Must be able to handle chemicals in a safe manner while donning appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Required to wear ASTM F 2413-05 (or ANSI Z41-1999) safety shoes while working in the warehouse.