When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Recognizes, develops and implements new technologies and methods supporting the drug product development process to fulfill client and regulatory requirements. Serves as primary technical expert for project teams and lead and coordinate activities to ensure successful completion of projects. Performs management duties during group leader’s absence, including prioritizing all project activities, maintaining support of development schedules, and coordinating technical staff. Trains junior staff.
- Provides leadership to assigned staff by performing the following: leading organizational change; developing and empowering staff; cultivating relationships; putting staff in a position to succeed, meeting their personal career goals while also achieving organizational goals; building effective teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals; driving engagement and creating a climate where staff are motivated to do their best.
- Designs, validates and/or implements new dosage forms/analytical methodology including the development of production processes, including all necessary procedures, training, and regulatory documentation
- Participates on project teams as member, leader, or liaison to facilitate the team’s activities and achievement of goals.
- Recognizes potential process improvements, recommends associated actions, and develops and implements appropriate solutions.
- Serves as primary technical expert for related job area for all areas of the company and it’s associated partners.
- Manages and coordinates group activities to meet specified departmental and corporate goals and timeframes.
- Interprets and defends dosage form/analytical data and reports and interacts with Regulatory Affairs in response to official inquiries.
- Works in a safe and responsible manner in order to create an injury-free and incident-free workplace.
- Complies with all job-related safety and other training requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related scientific field is required.
- Six years of relevant experience in Pharmaceuticals, Chemical, Bio Medical or Aspectic Processes is preferred.
- Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated creativity in designing novel solutions to complex technical problems and expertise in development approaches as applicable to area.
- Proven ability to collaborate with co-workers and clients to meet goals.
- Strong knowledge of domestic and international regulatory requirements and pharmaceutical manufacturing processes.
- Ability to create effective solutions to complex technical problems.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and pharmaceutical, analytical and/or manufacturing processes.
- Ability to prepare/present oral and written presentations.
Position requires ordinary ambulatory skills and physical coordination sufficient to move about office locations; ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch periodically for prolonged periods of time; manipulation (lift, carry, move) of light to medium weights of 10-35 pounds; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp and type for prolonged periods of time; visual acuity to use a keyboard, computer monitor, operate equipment, and read materials for prolonged periods of time; ability to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear for prolonged periods of time.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.