The Manufacturing Scheduler/Inventory Stager is responsible for planning and managing production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements to best utilize the company’s productive capacity as well as managing inventory levels. Will plan and manage production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and analyze order releases with respect to capacity planning, and material requirements.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manages schedules and availability of selected item, either manufactured or purchased component, to meet production schedules.
- Request the transfer of raw materials from the warehouse and allocate to work orders.
- Release Work Orders to manufacturing.
- Release and print required documents for manufacturing.
- Monitor work order flow through manufacturing.
- Manages floor stock with shelf life material for production.
- Reviews work in process material inventory from production floor.
- Interfaces with manufacturing personnel, the purchasing department and supervisors on material status and production planning issues.
- Provides input and recommendations in improving supply chain strategies, policies and practices to achieve Best-in-Class Supply Chain Management.
- Participates in problem resolution activities, when required, to insure timely deliveries to / from global locations to customers. Support back-order reduction efforts.
- Assure proper storage of all RM and FG in WIP.
- Manage segregation of quarantined and nonconforming materials.
- Assist in monthly cycle counts, inventory accuracy.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- 3-5 years of relevant planning experience.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or other business management discipline or related field.
- Strong E1 experience
- Strong analytical skills, combined with practical business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability in building relationships across various functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability in managing multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability in working well in a global organization within Operations and with external clients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work independently, typically initiating own tasks with input/guidance from manager.
- Ability to thrive in a matrix and cross-functional team environment.
Preferred Qualifications and Requirements
- APICS certification
- Relevant experience in the Life Science or Medical Device industry.