Process Technician 1
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How Will You Make an Impact?
Under supervision, you will monitor all operations of designated chemical process to ensure safe chemical procedures, quality standards and compliance with regulatory requirements for working with and handling raw materials, production intermediates, and final products. You will make decisions that involve direct application of technical knowledge.
What will you do?
- Operate automated and manual chemical process equipment and conduct associated activities such as sampling, chemical/material handling, cleaning and maintenance in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures, current Good Manufacturing Procedures and Safety guidelines.
- Perform manual and computer operations (PCR-2A and PLC) to manufacture chemical intermediates and finished products ensuring compliance.
- Monitor all operations of designated chemical process to ensure safe chemical procedures, quality standards and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Adhere to Safety & Environmental guidelines/policies as well as cGMP and other applicable regulatory agencies.
- Accurately record and analyze against standards all processing data gathered from instruments, DCS, PLC’s, Pi, BDR, LIMS, etc. to ensure operating standards are met.
- Make approved adjustments as appropriate to maintain process parameters within designated limits.
- Make recommendations regarding improving process operations.
- Obtain samples of process streams or products in accordance with company procedures; submit samples to IPC Lab or perform tests to determine specific properties; Record/analyze results and take appropriate action.
- Inspect finished product to assure adherence to specifications such as appearance, foreign substances and packaging or labeling requirements as required.
- Receive and check raw materials and chemical intermediate deliveries and complete appropriate records in accordance with company procedures.
- Administer, document and maintain the Quality Systems conformance to regulatory requirements and company policies
How will you get there?
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Higher level of education or relevant mechanical experience or demonstrated aptitude is strongly preferred.
Will require successful completion of Phase I of the Process Tech On -The Job Training program/process involving learning/applying Chemical Technology, Math and Chemistry or must have equivalent experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.