Manages the technical sales relationship with accounts and partners in the NA region focusing on growing current revenue streams and/or developing new revenue streams. The technical responsibility includes qualification, demonstration preparation, and delivery of demonstrations of Digital Science software portfolio for LIMS, ELN, SDMS, and workflow applications. This position carries a sales quota for the NA region.
- Effectively demonstrate Thermo Fisher software product & services portfolio and unique value in response to customer needs.
- Prepare and deliver compelling, focused technical demonstrations
- Prepare and deliver focused Proofs of Concept (PoC)
- Support Sales Team with technical qualification assistance
- Prepares product for demonstration in accordance with needs of prospective customers.
- Understands the generic strengths and vulnerabilities of major competitors and develops sales strategies to respond effectively with account managers.
- Ensures that the sales approach is consistent with overall technical capability.
- Works with the Service Management team to ensure an effective, efficient and seamless transition to service operations upon completion of the sales process
- Builds technical relationships at multiple levels of account and across all constituents.
- Ensures that management understands technical requirements for markets and communicates to gap analysis and success criteria to development and product management.
- Provides technical feedback and scientific data on new ideas or GAP analysis to Product and Application Managers
- Responds effectively and promptly to customer requests.
- Ensures that Management is involved at critical times and during pivotal opportunities. Delegates to other departments as appropriate.
- Provides technical input to deal team calls.
- Understands business goals and evaluates and prioritizes opportunities accordingly along with account managers and Director of Sales.
- Qualifies potential opportunities early in the sales cycle along with account manager.
- Allocates part of every sales call to understanding or clarify the customers’ business challenges.
- Establishes initial technical credibility with accounts.
- Provides realistic estimation of demonstration preparation time.
- Provide technical support for RFx responses in support of the team
- Participates in regional meetings to share best practice, and assist with technical training.
- Assist Product and Application Managers in education of the technical and sales teams.
- Collaborate in development and maintenance of demonstration systems by market. Shares interesting/innovative technical developments with peers.
- Has sufficient technical and business knowledge to present a compelling value proposition to prospects and customers.
- Uses knowledge of the competition in the sales campaign to develop technical/functionally competitive strategies.
- Collaborates with other groups within Thermo Scientific Informatics to implement appropriate strategies to address opportunities and overcome obstacles.
- Communicates with Product Management and Development to provide field (customer) input on product features and feature prioritization requirements during product operational review meetings.
- Communicates regularly with the account team to ensure that they are informed on significant product developments and customer issues.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Scientific university degree or 5 years relevant experience.
- Experience and knowledge of services business solutions/enterprise scientific software demonstrations
- Familiarity with commercial operations in complex sales cycles
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Fluent in English (Spanish or French is a plus, but not a requirement)
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and positive professional relationships with customers, peers, and upper management.
Ability to perform in the following areas:
- Enterprise Scientific Software
- Product Demonstration
- Product Configuration
- Managing Technical Expectations
- Leveraging Internal Resources
- Supports Account Teaming