When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
What will you do?
- Identify user needs and requirements through qualitative interviews and observations or quantitative surveys
- Generate concepts, user personas, and use cases based on qualitative and quantitative research
- Test interest in concepts and define product requirements with concept testing
- Validate product design with usability testing
- Present research findings and recommendations to stakeholders
- Ideally has a degree in the life sciences (biology, biochemistry, or chemistry) or the social sciences: psychology, sociology, anthropology, or similar field
- If candidate has no degree in the above fields, extensive on the job experience in the right activities may substitute
- Should have 5+ years of experience conducting qualitative and quantitative user research
- Must have experience conducting observational research and one-on-one user interviews
- Experienced in the organization, facilitation, capture, and presentation of user interviews, videos, other output
- At least 1 year experience working with product development teams (designers, engineers, R&D, product managers)
- A broad understanding of qualitative and quantitative user research techniques and how to apply them to a wide variety of strategic and tactical programs in a rigorous way
- Ability to improvise as needed in the field, to keep research sessions flowing and to discover unexpected insights
- Ability to effectively work on multiple programs at the same time without sacrificing quality or timelines
- Ability to work with diverse collaborators and stakeholders in a highly decentralized company
- Positive outlook
- Dedication to research quality
- Extensive experience performing qualitative and quantitative research in collaboration with designers and product development teams
- A passion for doing work that benefits society
- A love of science
- Any education or professional experience in the sciences, ideally biology
- Knowledge / experience in statistics, customer segmentation, and conjoint analysis. These are not the primary activities, but knowledge of these areas is very helpful.
- Frequent travel in the US (6-8 trips per year), mostly to the western US
- Occasional travel to Asia and Europe
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com