Job Title:Senior technical Writer:
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
The Digital Engineering team is tasked with applying industry best practices to the design, development, and deployment world-class software products. We are looking to hire individuals with experience with software development and test engineering in clinical and research settings, and who can help us solve the next wave of technical challenges using the latest cloud-based, big-data, and rich analytics tool sets.
Roles and responsibilities:
As a Senior Technical Writer located in Bangalore, you will be responsible for producing high-quality technical documentation in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
You will also participate in setting up team processes and contributing towards creating technical writing strategy on a high level.
Deliver user documentation such as quick start guides, online help, tutorials, elearning videos and animations for Thermofisher’s software products
Develop topic-based, structured, single-source documentation using XML
Actively participate in daily Scrum stand-up meetings, weekly planning, and review meetings
Track project efforts using issue tracking software such as JIRA or Rally
Participate in active learning and knowledge sharing sessions with peers in the Technical Publications department
Required Skills and Experience:
- Skilled in technical publications tools such as Framemaker, Xmetal, Robohelp, Adobe Captivate
- Experienced in single sourcing, topic based writing, and DITA
- Proven ability to manage technical writing projects from start to finish independently
- Ability to estimate the working time required to complete a task, or time required for a team to complete a task
- Skilled at design thinking from the perspective of the user
- Expertise in structuring content in topics that can be grouped as a single deliverable and can also be reused in other documents
- Solid understanding of Lean/Agile/XP software development processes
- Skilled in technical writing methodologies such as DITA, Topic based writing, single sourcing
- Familiar with courseware design and development tools such as Adobe eLearning Suite, Flash, Lectora, Camtasia, Articulate
- Has a solid understanding of the competitive landscapes and industries Thermofisher operates within, as well as an awareness of how Thermofisher drives value to its customers
- Has excellent collaboration skills, and leverages Thermofisher’s relationships across the business to drive outcomes
- Able to think on a strategic level about the technical writing function
- Champions an innovative spirit within the business and is constantly looking for new and better ways to do things.
- Should be able to executes on new methods when appropriate. Constantly thinking critically about the task at hand and maintaining an understanding of the problem in the big picture
Should be able to effectively weigh the pros and cons of important decisions that affect multiple team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Biochemistry, or similar degree with 6 years of experience; Master’s degree with 6 years of experience with technical writing or PhD with 3 years of experience
Location and Work Environment:
We are hiring in Bangalore, India. Thermo Fisher enjoys a relatively casual work environment, with open areas that foster collaboration. Like most places, we get very busy at times, but we value a healthy work/life balance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.