Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Career Band: Band 5
Location: Manchester, London or South East
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
- Performing service activities within guidelines and in compliance with internal and customer procedures and regulations.
- Installing, repairing, maintenance and instruction of use of instruments to ensure safe and effective customer operations.
- Providing responsive telephone and on-site support and work to ensure that the customer is successful in the use of their instrumentation.
- Assuring a professional relationship with existing customers to achieve customer loyalty.
- Up-selling of service contracts and products via FLIP award program (Field Lead Incentive Programme)
- Identifying sales leads and passing to the Sales organisation
- Coordinating your own work schedule with relevant partners (service coordinator, manager, colleagues).
- Producing timely and accurate reports of your own activities: i.e. engineer reports, planned maintenance reports, installation reports, expense reports etc.
- Professional background in Electronics, Biochemistry/Molecular Biology, Cellular Imaging, engineering, life science or related subjects.
- May hold a high technical certificate level or an academic degree.
- Some past relevant experience within a service function.
- Strong English language skills required, verbal and written
- Driving license required.
- Expected to travel approximately 50% of your time around the UK but also within Europe and the US on occasion.
- Dedicated to the task and always updated on practical and technical knowledge at a high level.
- Strong on the network part and good IT understanding.
- Can work independently, is service-minded and educational in the approach with customers.
- Troubleshooting knowledge and experience.
- Positive in nature.
- Excellent communication skills and able to work well within a team.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Contact Elena Lambrianides directly if you have any questions- firstname.lastname@example.org