Job Title: Business Development Manager - Automotive Industry
Requisition ID: 64507BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for managing global business development activities with a primary focus on prospecting new opportunities focusing on Automotive Industry. Defining and driving strategies and ensuring the achievement of lead generation and pipeline growth. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Prospecting new sales opportunities in automotive industry will be the primary objective of this position and will involve working closely with cross-functional teams within the business unit.
- Active Business Development Role in the form of prospecting for new Accounts in the designated region and building Pipeline by converting prospective accounts.
- Experience in working with global companies in a systematic way such as Miller Heiman Gold Sheet
- Working closely with agents, distributors and Thermo Fisher Scientific Account Managers in the territory will also be part of a daily routine
- Manage system demonstrations and organizing workshops and seminars by working closely with the marketing development manager and product marketing managers.
- Assist in the development of sales support materials including brochures, applications notes, product data sheets, competitive matrices, and technical presentations
- Develop and present technical papers at professional symposia, author technical articles for trade press
- Develop, present and coordinate global training programs to the sales force (SSDs) to inform them of strategies, new products, enhancements, or competitive issues
- Assist in the execution of Marketing campaigns (on-line and through events) by working closely with the Outbound Marketing Manager
This position is ideal for an experienced professional wanting to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant variety of customer application areas. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- 10 or more years of progressively responsible experience in business development
- Background in R&D, QC and production in automotive industry
- Ability and experience in dealing with multiple large and complex projects illustrating project management capabilities and Experience in writing MRDs for product development
- Knowledge of general Scanning Electron Microscopy will be an added benefit, but not essential.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, in English; fluency in Geman or more of other major languages is a plus;
- Systematic problem solving by working with customers and account team.
- Presentation skills and creating materials for presentations to internal and external audiences.
- Ability to work in good cooperation within an account team.
- Must be self-motivated and enjoy challenges.
- Ability to travel to customer sites locally and internationally.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.