When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific MSD EM IT Organization is looking for an Engineer Software Developer who can bring a breadth of skill and knowledge around development best practices to support a fast growing Commercial Organization. The individual in this role acts as key developer alongside IT Business Systems Analysts to deliver key multi-phased CRM projects.
The Engineer Software Developer will play a key role in architecting and evolving the CRM platform and will need to understand how the CRM platform functions in Thermo Fisher Scientific MSD application ecosystem. They will also be responsible to ensure that business processes and the CRM system (MS Dynamics) continue to meet business process owner and stakeholder needs.
A successful candidate will bring work experience of implementing, administering, configuring, and managing development activities on the CRM platform to meet business needs and ensure the 24x7 support capabilities are optimized and always available for our global organization.
Specific Deliverables associated with this position include:
- Serve as primary resource for developing, extending, and maintaining the CRM platform – code base, integrations, data stores, and web sites
- Serve as subject matter expert on CRM methods and represent IT organization in cross-department efforts to extend and improve the platform
- Provide ongoing support for line-of-business applications; determine problem resolution steps and processes, work with customers to resolve issues and identify root cause, leverage MSD systems and tools to track issues
- Plan and analyze new/modified automated solutions/processes; work with users and IT to determine optimal solution scope
- Develop solutions using MSD tools and techniques
- Test solutions to validate functionality and usability; coordinate with IT BSAs on integration, performance testing and user testing
- Deploy solutions to test and production environments
- Perform other duties as assigned
The candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, or management information systems, and a minimum 3-years’ experience in the following:
- Proficient knowledge in the following technologies: ASP.NET MVC, C#, Entity Framework, MS SQL, ASP.NET web forms, JSON, JQuery, .Net Framework and Web application development.
- Working knowledge in using Application development platforms (Visual Studio)
- Customer relationship management platforms (Dynamics CRM preferred)
- 2+ years of experience developing customized modules in Microsoft Dynamics CRM preferred
- Experience with architecting and designing customized modules in CRM Applications
- Knowledge and experience with SQL Server tools and solutions
- Working knowledge of Azure PaaS and/or IaaS
- Familiarity with both traditional and agile software development methodologies
- Highly motivated with the ability to work in team environment
- Fluent English and excellent verbal and written communicational skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision