A Senior Business Analyst conducts research as well as monitors, maintains, and optimizes business solutions.
- Gather user requirements to develop solutions and alternatives
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Translate high-level information into details as well as summarize detailed information
- Communicate and collaborate with users to analyze information needs and functional requirements
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Work with business users to define concepts under direction of project leaders
- Serve as the conduit between the user community and the software development team through which requirements flow
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates
- Liaise between the business, technology teams and support teams
- Comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Proven related technical work experience
- Strong interpersonal and excellent accurate, documentation skills are a must
- Able to assume and complete assignments independently
- Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Strong project management skills and understanding of project management lifecycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Exposure and solid experience around techno functional in any ERP
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.