The Procurement Excellence Leader (Sr. Director) is a global role responsible for developing and implementing strategies/principles/practices/tools/processes to drive global transformation and ensure the function meets its commitments to the organization. By influencing at the group and divisional level, this position supports actions that bring about improvements which may include, but are not limited to quality, delivery, growth, margin expansion, and inventory.The Procurement Excellence Leader (Sr. Director) is responsible for establishing the overall Global portfolio management process, manage the change/communication process for the function, drive process excellence across the company and leads efforts to ensure strong pipeline of projects to meet savings targets. The role is responsible to work with shared services and drive a procure to pay solution for the company.
- To act as a change agent to bring about improvements in the global end to end processes (source to contract, procure to pay and supplier relationship management).
- Establishes governance model and standardizes processes and tools for the measurement and reporting of key programs and overall execution for the function.
- Develops and executes on plan to enable shared services support of tactical related work by conducting value stream analyses and time studies, creating and implementing standard work and identifying related system platform support.
- Assesses program performance on a regular basis with a focus on leveraging resources, technology & communication to ensure success. Makes recommendations on project prioritization, portfolio adjustments and overall portfolio alignment.
- Maintains a repository of projects opportunities, supporting material, project plans and updated project documents for all key programs.
- Champions the change and develops communication, training and recognition strategy to support the transformation.
- Establishes key performance indicators for the function, developing a regular cadence for updates to the business and operational leadership teams.
- Oversees the annual goal setting and budgeting process in partnership with finance; drives the global reporting process including quarterly reports, annual operating plan and executive reviews
- Builds credibility and establishes a collaborative rapport with key stakeholders around the world.
- Establishes and runs a procurement excellence council that drives effectiveness across the end to end process.
- Ensures continuous alignment of the overall program with the strategic business objectives. Makes recommendations for adjustments to enhance performance.
- Establishes the technology roadmap to support overall efficiency gains within the function.
- Establishes and Drives the training agenda for the function including Category Management as a foundation.
- Supports the category management teams with robust Spend Analytics and enhance Market Intelligence to drive a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Proven aptitude for conveying the function’s value proposition, opportunities, and capabilities
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Self-directed, dynamic and customer-centric change-agent who thrives in a challenging and changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence people and teams at all levels without direct authority toward a shared vision
- Exceptional presentation skills providing timely and relevant data to inform and solicit decision making or consensus
- Influence without Authority to drive a procurements excellence agenda, ability to share the value for leveraging scale in the process.
- Previous experience with applying lean/six sigma principles in a transactional environment and leading process improvement / transformation.
- Strong Communication and Presentation skills
- 10+ years’ experience in procurement, supply chain, value stream design, logistics and optimization techniques
- 5 years’ experience in leadership roles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong change management capability; have demonstrated ability to lead large scale change
- Possess the ability to interface up and down the organization
- Engineering, Finance or Business degree with a concentration in supply chain management, MBA or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Strategic sourcing and supply chain leadership experience in a Fortune 500 company or Large consulting firm
- Strong analytical, leadership, facilitation, and training skills
- Advanced negotiating skills and global experience are required
- Experience managing in a matrix organization
- 25% plus travel
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.