When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $20 billion, we have approximately 70,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications.
Summary of Internship
Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing Division is seeking an intern to join the Global Supply Chain Team in a cross-functional role that will contribute to the daily operations as well as a wide range of projects. We offer a true hands-on experience and opportunity to solve real time supply chain and manufacturing problems.
- Participate in supply chain team's daily activities and manage performance metrics such as backorders, inventory, on-time delivery etc.
- Provide project management support for various projects
- Identify opportunities for Practical Process Improvement (PPI)
- Works and communicates with internal and external business partners
- Experienced with Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Perform tasks independently with minimal guidance
- Knowledge of business concepts (BOM, product lifecycles, DPPM, ROI, etc.) a plus
- MRP knowledge and ERP experience in a manufacturing environment a plus