Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a documentation tools developer based in Bangalore, you will develop software automation tools for Thermofisher’s Publications team.
Build tools to convert formats from FrameMaker to Excel, Word, XML and vice-versa.
Automate various processes and tasks within FrameMaker
Write scripts to convert legacy documentation to DITA XML
Work with Information Architect to manage the content management system
Develop tools for verifying and correcting components of document data.
Work with other technical writers and engineers that we interface with to identify opportunities for automation or development of tools to improve interface.
Support tools infrastructure, such as administering our server, investigating new tools and implementing their use on the team.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- 3+ years of experience in FrameScript and Perl or any other scripting languages
- Proficient in Adobe Tools such as FrameMaker, Robohelp, and Adobe Acrobat
- Familiarity with DITA topic based writing
- Familiar with XML parsing
- Familiar with Python
- Experience with web application tools a plus.
Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Ability to work either in a team environment or individually when required.
- Displays a high level of professionalism at all times.
- Provide excellent level of customer support to fellow team members.
- Anticipate issues and be willing to educate yourself on the aspects of project to gain a deeper understanding of issues at hand and solve problems proactively.
- Demonstrate initiative to learn writing process, including and up to producing software or hardware documentation.
- Should be flexible and be able to adapt to changing requirements.
- Should be proactive in resolving bottlenecks that affect your target objectives.
- Should be responsive in communicating project status and timelines.