Please submit applications in English – clearly detailing specific hands on / theoretical experience in PCR, qPCR and Sequencing (CE and NGS).
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Thermo Fisher Scientific (formerly Life Technologies) for a Key Account Manager to join their team. This is a field based position, based in Pretoria or Johannesburg.
The role of Key Account Manager, Gauteng, is to drive Reagent and Instrument Sales for BioSciences (Antibodies & Immunoassays, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Protein & Cell Analysis and Synthetic Biology); real-time PCR (qPCR); CE Sequencing and Next Generation Sequencing in assigned accounts in the Johannesburg and Pretoria area. The role holder will use their knowledge of the business and external context to commit to and deliver profitable initiatives that build sales. The role holder will be responsible for implementing sales strategy and tactics for related product lines and applications to achieve sales figures. We are looking for individuals who are fluent in English. Other languages are beneficial.
The major responsibilities are to:
- Achieve the agreed sales target per quarter and year
- Increase the install base of Life Technologies Instrumentation and reagents within the sales territory (PCR, qPCR, CE and NGS)
- Work together with local sales, Inside Sales colleagues and Manager to ensure all possible actions are done in order to secure business in competitive situations.
- Drive business expansion in collaboration with Support, Sales and Market Development.
- Build up reference sites as required.
- Set up and undertake complex negotiations. Review effectiveness or negotiation strategy on a continual basis. Benchmark own sales techniques against best practice. Coach sales colleagues and ensure transfer of knowledge, experience and best sales practice.
- Sales Forecasting
- Anticipate pipeline changes and has plans in place to address shortfalls. See trends and coordinate sales activities with sales manager accordingly
Qualification / Experiences
- Academic degree (minimum MSc) in scientific disciplines '
- Relevant Sales experience and a high level of professional expertise gained in the sale of CapEx lab instrumentation
- Relevant technical and scientific background. (DNA/RNA extraction, protein workflow, PCR, qPCR, CE & Next Generation Sequencing knowledge is essential)
- A track record of closing high value deals in highly competitive situations.
- Able to develop and implement strategies that drive growth.
- Good verbal and written command of the English (technical) language.
- Able to undertake frequent travel. There is the possible need to participate in congresses over weekends.
Skills / Behaviours
- Strong teamwork skills able to align across teams and organisations and fosters collaboration.
- Establishes stretch goals and drives for results.
- Able to take responsibility by holding self accountable for personal delivery.
- First class negotiating skills, able to influence in highly competitive market space and work proactively to differentiate and promote the benefits of the LT portfolio and close deals.
- Solid organisational skills and ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
- The ability to challenge the status quo and drive continuous improvement.
- Strong communication skills and the ability and willingness to be flexible and adaptable to work in a complex cross-functionally environment
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join