When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
Construction of all levels of electromechanical assemblies and standard equipment, including testing of robot system operation, in a continuous improvement environment.
What will you do?
- Capable of building major subassemblies, final robot , and peripheral equipment including automated systems assembly.
- Evaluate and/or test all levels of assemblies for acceptability
- Ensure assemblies conform to LAI Quality System standards
- Pre and post system testing of standard robot systems and peripheral equipment
- Pre-shipping inspection of integrated robot systems as required
- Maintain test records and other forms of production data
- Troubleshoot mechanical and rudimentary electronic problems when required
- Work with minimal supervision
- Manage workload within team and adjust excesses/shortages as required
- Partake in peer training amongst production team
- Identify and record changes to Bills of Materials
- Identify and record changes to Work Instructions
- Contribute to lean manufacturing philosophy through suggestions of how to improve processes (i.e. cycle time reduction, safety enhancement) and/or products (i.e. cost reduction, quality improvement)
- Assist other departments, including documentation and manufacturing engineering, with product and process improvements
- Assist Quality group in determining part defects and non-conformances.
- Accurately report labour time as required
- Qualified to build standard products assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Qualified to sign off on own work
How will you get there?
Education and Experience
- University or college graduate in electrical or mechanical disciplines, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 2 - 4 years experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- PC software applications
- Mechanically adept with drawing knowledge.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organizational, planning and time-management skills.
- good hand eye coordination
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Travel 0- 10%
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.