When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Thermo Fisher Scientific recognizes that digital enablement has the power to change the way our customers work – providing them with unmatched capabilities for commerce, services, and innovation to drive productivity and ultimately power science. We are moving forward with a Vision to be the world’s leading digital science company. In order to recognize our Vision, we are looking to significantly enhance our digital footprint and customer offerings.
As our company accelerates its digital technology offerings, the Customer Insights team is critical to our success. Customer Insights is made up of User Researchers who strive for a deep understanding of our customers and their needs. As a part of the larger Digital Product Management team, Customer Insights research supports the strategy and development of meaningful digital experiences and properties for our customers.
Our team is seeking a passionate, energetic candidate to join our team in the role of Digital User Researcher reporting to the Manager of Customer Insights. The User Researcher will be responsible for designing, conducting, and analyzing user research projects that inform digital experiences and properties.
- Designing research plans that meet business goals
- Conducting research via a broad range of tactics including customer-facing surveys, moderated and unmoderated usability testing, and in-depth interviews
- Writing discussion guides, survey questions, usability tasks, etc. to collect impactful customer data
- Analyzing and reporting out on both quantitative and qualitative data
- Turning data into actionable insights for various internal teams
- Contributing to the management of Voice of Customer data collected from website intercept and NPS surveys (a team effort)
- Developing a deep understanding of our customers and their digital journeys
- Bachelors with 5+ years of experience or a Masters with 3+ years of experience (research, UX, or science dregree preferred)
- Experience conducting surveys, usability tests, and moderated interviews including planning, preparation, and execution
- Experience analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data
- Customer-driven mindset
- Data-driven mindset
- Experience working on websites, in eCommerce and/or with mobile interfaces and other digital products
- Strong communication, presentation, and collaboration skills
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite, specifically Excel for reporting VOC data
- Ability to work on multiple projects, prioritize, and consistently deliver on time and on budget
- Undergraduate degree requiredc
- Experience conducting market research and competitive analyses
- UX/interaction design and/or prototyping skills
- Familiarity with creating tools like user stories, journey maps, and personas
- Experience with A/B testing and personalization tools
- Statistics knowledge
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.