When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The talented Software Engineer will join a cross-functional engineering team designing instrumentation to aid in cutting-edge medical research. You will be part of an innovative software team that develops application code that accepts information from the instrument and visualizes the data while running analysis and providing information to the researcher. You will be working closely with both the hardware engineering team developing the instrument and the biologists defining the problems the instrument and software are intended to solve.
- Perform all phases of software development including design, implementation, testing, integration, maintenance of software for the company’s cell analysis instruments
- Development and support of GUI, analysis, communications, and instrument control software
- Integration of algorithms & mathematical functions for identification and quantification of data collected by instruments
- Interact with verification and validation teams to create test requirements based on system software requirements and design
- Proficient in developing with C, C++, C#
- Proficient in use of Visual Studio, git, svn
- Programming experience in application development for Windows (MFC and .net)
- Software architecture design
- Knowledge of current software development methods, including requirements generation, design documentation, and unit testing
- Good experimentalist
- BSCS, BSCpE or equivalent technical degree, with 0-2 years relevant experience
- Experience using JIRA, TFS
- Experience with Test Driven Development in an Agile environment
- Experience with Linux, QT, and web based application development
- Experience in SQL, schema and database development
- USB and Ethernet communication protocol experience
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.