When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team and build out the next generation of our platform. The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable data platforms. We’re looking for someone with experience in analytics, data science and data products. They must have strong, firsthand technical expertise in a variety of configuration management and big data technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can manage large data sets. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development.
- Perform all phases of software development including design, implementation, testing, integration, maintenance of software for the company’s cell analysis instruments
- Development and support of GUI, analysis, communications, and instrument control software and firmware
- Integration of algorithms & mathematical functions for identification and quantification of data collected by instruments
- Interact with biologists to translate scientific research needs into instrument user stories and requirements
- Proficient in developing with C, C++, C# in embedded and application environments
- Programming experience in both RTOS embedded systems and application development in Windows and Linux
- Complex software architecture design
- Knowledge of current software development best practices including requirements generation, design documentation, and unit testing
- Good experimentalist
- 10 years experience in product development or related field
- BS Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in SQL, schema and database development
- USB and Ethernet communication protocol experience
- Experience with Test Driven Development in an Agile environment
- Experience with Linux, QT, and web based application development
- Experience with MFC Graphical User Interfaces
- Masters in Computer Science
- C++ certification
Exceptional relocation assistance available to qualified candidates!
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.