How you’ll make an impact
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
What you will do
Provide complex administrative support functions for Senior Management (Vice-President) and professionals within the Intellectual Property Legal department, ensuring efficient and effective office operations. You’ll use discretion and diplomacy while working with stakeholders across the company, and your mastery of time management, logistics planning, organization, and attention to detail will ensure flawless execution of multiple priorities. In addition you will:
- Handle sensitive information in the administration of a legal function comprising 80+ lawyers, patent attorneys & agents, paralegals and other support staff.
- Provide advanced administrative support functions to ensure efficient office operations.
- Perform advanced word processing and desktop publishing to include complex presentations, reports, spreadsheets and graphs; transcribe information of a technical, confidential and/or sensitive nature; may be required to take meeting and/or conference call minutes.
- Draft, review and/or edit written material to ensure accuracy, neatness, correct punctuation and grammar; recommend changes to improve readability and clarity.
- Handle financial data on Excel spreadsheets, such as budget information, financial compensation data, intellectual property royalties and financial information.
- Plan meetings in an international setting, both physical meetings and phone/video conferences.
- Assist in travel planning and expense reporting; coordinate and maintain calendar(s).
How you will get here
- Associates Degree or combination of education and experience (3+ years); Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of executive assistant experience (large organization preferred), with 2+ years supporting a Vice President/functional head. Experience in IP/Legal environment is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in working independently and creatively to identify, analyze, and solve problems.
- Skilled and experienced in the art of organization and time management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid judgment, tact, and diplomacy skills in dealing with internal and external customers.
- Flexible and adaptable, while maintaining poise and a positive “can do” attitude
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.