To carry out sampling and testing within the Microbiology Quality Control Department in an effective, efficient and compliant manner. In particular this includes water sampling/testing, environmental & personnel monitoring, diagnostics, the control of media and the autoclave/wash-up area.
- To perform routine laboratory sampling and testing
- To complete documentation within the department to appropriate company standards, as required.
- To ensure that all work carried out complies with departmental procedures and cGMP.
- To ensure that all testing lead times are complied with, subject to there being no attenuating circumstances.
- To communicate effectively and proactively with others on site and to participate with departmental and site wide problem solving as required.
- To ensure that all health and safety procedures are adhered to with respect to personal duties and the duties of others.
- To carry out other tasks which may be required from time to time.
- Ensure cGMP is applied in their area of work and comply with cGMP in all areas of the business.
Health & Safety:
- Understand emergency procedures and safe systems of work.
- Compliance with all EH&S requirements.
- Observe safety behaviour in the working environment.
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above is required.
- A minimum of 2 A-Levels (or equivalent) in science-based subjects is required.
- Understanding of cGMP would be advantageous, although training will be given.
- Previous laboratory experience is required.
- Ability to work to critical time lines.
- Effective communication skills at operational levels.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Understand emergency procedures and comply with safe systems of work.
- Ensure compliance with environment, health and safety rules, signage and instructions at all times.
- Ensure prompt reporting and investigation of all accidents, near misses and breaches of rules.