When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Product Data Specialist is dedicated to tasks related to accurately maintaining Fisher Scientific’s product data in various systems. As a member of the Product Services team, this position will collect, organize and analyze internal and external data to manage product data components of the ERP system while complying with governance documents and standard operating procedures.
- Act as subject matter expert of 100+ processes and work instructions that are critical to daily responsibilities while continuously ensuring process adherence by other departments.
- Accurately implement changes to product data attributes in ERP system in a timely manner while ensuring appropriate approvals are received.
- Collaborate with suppliers, Regulatory and Portfolio Management to ensure accurate and timely implementation of product additions, including necessary steps to ensure data quality; prioritize and structure workload as not to exceed daily system limitations.
- Support Annual Supplier Pricing project by 1) reviewing input data for accuracy and completeness, 2) executing necessary steps to move data through the appropriate workflow approval process and 3) ensuring the output data is loaded into the appropriate systems.
- Manage the new item entry process by collaborating with Portfolio Management and Regulatory Affairs to ensure accurate and timely implementation of new products to the mainframe.
- Plan, develop and implement solutions to ensure data quality across product data attributes in order to minimize disruption to downstream systems and processes. Collect feedback from process stakeholders as a measure of success.
- Frequently analyze product data in order to measure integrity; develop proactive cleansing projects related to analysis.
- Openly communicate and collaborate with internal and external customers regarding requests, issue resolution, and data integrity - specifically Portfolio Management, Purchasing, Regulatory, Inventory Planning and IT.
- Adhere to all documented governance and standard operating procedures to ensure product data changes are made consistently and accurately through both manual and automated processes.
- Generate ad hoc Cognos, Access or Excel queries or other product-related reports as requested.
- Collaborate with Product Analyst role to 1) identify opportunities for process automation or optimization and 2) ensure procedures and work instructions are updated as process changes are implemented.
- Perform other duties as delegated and assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related discipline or an Associate’s Degree and equivalent work experience and a High School diploma or GED.
- 2+ years of experience working with data analysis and with large datasets.
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel and Access.
- Ability to analyze data and draw actionable conclusions from analysis.
- 2+ years of experience with Fisher Scientific product data.
- Proficient with Thermo Fisher-specific systems, including Mainframe, AS/400 and Cognos.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention-to-detail.
- Ability to successfully multi-task with time sensitive situations; ability to effectively prioritize projects and tasks.
- Driven to meet or exceed deadlines and expectations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting abilities.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.