When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position is located in Tewksbury, MA
How will you make an impact?
We are seeking an Application Development Manager, specializing in FTIR, NIR, Raman and XRF to join a thriving research and development team responsible for the development of our award-winning series of handheld analyzers used for material identification in a wide array of markets. The candidate will lead and work closely with scientists and engineers within R&D and wider business teams to bring new products to market and support them once released.
What will you do?
- Lead and manage a team of scientists developing, sustaining and supporting handheld Raman, FTIR, NIR and XRF
- Lead and manage application developments and enhancements for our products
- Lead customer interaction and field assessment of our products
- Work with marketing to establish proof of feasibility for application development
- Lead and manage the 24/7/365 Reachback Support Technical Team for our core safety products
- Global travel estimated to be 15%
How will you get here?
- BS/MS in Chemistry, Physics
- BS (10+) MS (7+) PhD (5+) years’ experience in analytical instrumentation development
- Expert knowledge of Vibrational and/or Atomic spectroscopy
- 3+ years’ experience managing a team of scientists/engineers
- Familiarity with chemometrics and its application in spectroscopy
- Experience working in a matrix organization
- Must be U.S. Citizen or US Permanent Resident
- Ph.D. Chemistry, Physics
- Hands on experience developing handheld/portable devices in at least two of the following disciplines: Raman, FTIR, NIR, XRF, LIBS
- Hands on experience developing chemometric models and familiarity with scientific programming tools, such as Matlab.
Field and Safety Instruments (FSI) is a new business within Thermo Fisher that was established in 2017 by the merger of two legacy businesses. FSI is the leader in handheld spectrometers for a wide range of applications across industrial, pharma, safety/security, nuclear power, and healthcare markets.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.