Job Title: Sr. Business Development Manager, Diagnostics & Therapeutics
Req ID: 65003BR
Group: Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG)
Division/Business Unit: Life Science Solutions Group / Licensing and Commercial Supply
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Sr. Business Development Manager, Diagnostics & Therapeutics is part of the Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG) which is one of six groups within Thermo Fisher Scientific and is an important part of the company’s total value proposition. With an innovative and broad life sciences portfolio, a strong presence at bench, best-in-class web and e-commerce channels, industry-leading on-site supply center coverage and one of the most technically experienced sales and support teams, LSG brings incredible core strength to the broader company.
How will you make an impact?
This role will directly impact our mission of making the world healthier, cleaner, and safer by providing Life Science Solutions group technologies to commercial customers on an OEM basis for inclusion into their products. The principle markets for the licensing and commercial supply organization are Molecular diagnostics, Immuno Diagnostics, Life Science Tool and Therapeutic companies.
What will you do?
- Identify and evaluate potential new business opportunities to sell the Company’s products to other companies to be used by them on an Original Equipment Manufacturing basis
- Initiate and develop productive client relationships in multiple functions (e.g R&D, in-licensing, production, procurement, marketing, quality, regulatory affairs) with client companies and at multiple levels within them (scientist, project manager, manager and executive levels), as may be necessary.
- Participate on, and may lead, cross-functional teams to execute on client opportunities that include legal, licensing, manufacturing, marketing, R&D, etc
- Develop pricing proposals for large, complex, often multi-year deals and contracts. Make highly informed judgments of value to the customer upon which to develop pricing proposals for highly customized products, for which easy benchmarks are often unavailable. Negotiate other terms and conditions.
- Understand and act in accordance to applicable licenses and intellectual property, as well as monitor and manage contracts and relationships with clients and possibly the company’s in-licensing team.
- Determine client needs, respond to inquiries, and resolve problems in a timely fashion. Investigates product issues and ensures satisfactory resolution of customer complaints.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in any life science, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced degree and/or MBA preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Lead development
- Product development/commercialization and competitive market research
- Sales funnel management
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheet, and slide presentations required
- Strong understanding of molecular biology and molecular workflow
- Understanding of the diagnostic and therapeutic markets
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com