Laboratory Engineer, Product Innovation
Job ID :
Sweden - Uppsala
LABORATORY ENGINEER, PRODUCT INNOVATION
This position is based within Thermo Fisher Scientific’s ImmunoDiagnostics Division (IDD), which has its HQ in Uppsala, Sweden and develops, manufactures, and markets complete blood test systems to support the clinical diagnosis and monitoring of allergy, asthma and autoimmune diseases. With 1,600 employees worldwide, IDD is the global leader in in-vitro allergy diagnostics and also the European leader in autoimmunity diagnostics.
We are now looking for a Laboratory Engineer to complement the Product Innovation Department in R&D in Uppsala. The group identifies and evaluates novel biomarkers for the diagnosis of autoimmune diseases as rheumatoid arthritis and connective tissue diseases.
In this role you will be joining the Clinical Research team of 6 people, within Product Innovation Department, R&D.
You will operate as part of a team at local and international level. Cross-divisional collaboration within Thermo Fisher, as well as with external companies and partners make our research projects very interesting and require constant communication and transparency. Therefore, you will proactively monitor your activities and report your progress in frequent team meetings.
Your main working tasks will be:
• Developing tests for human diagnostics, particularly array-based multiplex tests
• Carry out coupling experiments with anchoring proteins on solid phases
• Carry out and evaluate fluorescence and chemiluminescence based detection experiments
• Ensuring proper project documentation
• Planning, managing and communicating progress of Research & Development projects
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• You have a university degree in biochemistry, biotechnology or equivalent degree (BSc or MSc diploma or comparable)
• You have experience in IVD development and working with array-based multiplex tests
• You are used to work in due time and delegate tasks within a matrix environment
• You work to a great extend self-dependent, enjoy being part of a team and know how to communicate clearly
• You should be open to new ideas and have a general interest in research and innovation
• Knowledge of statistical analysis in bioinformatics is advantageous
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (optional: Swedish).
APPLY NOW on our career site http://jobs.thermofisher.com
The selection process is ongoing, final application DEADLINE ON THE 25TH OF APRIL 2018
If you have questions then please contact
Sascha Swiniarski (Head of Clinical Research) firstname.lastname@example.org
IS THIS THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. What story will you tell?
THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.