The Gene Expression Sr. Sales Specialist (GexTSS) is responsible for driving and supporting the direct sales of the Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Gene Expression consumables portfolio in order to maintain the existing business and increase the number of new accounts to achieve the company’s financial objectives. This individual must be a proactive, team-oriented sales person, with a solid executive orientation, strong communication and presentation skills, and the ability to drive sales. This GexTSS is responsible for driving communicated business strategies in the territory of responsibility, forecasting, and providing marketing/competitive feedback as well as customer satisfaction relative to sales activities. This position will require an individual that is results oriented, highly motivated to succeed, operates on a high compliance level and occasionally with an extreme sense of urgency. Excellent work ethics and maintenance of high integrity level and professionalism is expected.
- Agrees to a business plan in order to meet or exceed business goals of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s commercial targets for the territory.
- Drives the tactical implementation of the business plan – including sales to new accounts, successful introduction of new products, and the retention of current customer at highest rate.
- Occasionally coordinates and implements the business strategy between different sales teams or sales channels.
- Partnering with different departments such as, Customer Service, Supply Chain, Finance, Product Management and Marketing in order to ensure the effective cross-functional implementation of products and execution management of significant opportunities.
- Consistently and accurately following the sales processes including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Negotiates contracts/quotations within the guidelines by considering competitive pricing as needed to maintain and increase margin.
- Successfully positions Thermo Fisher’s solutions to address performance, workflow and customer’s budget requirements.
- Drive existing users to greater system utilization by leveraging latest protocols, system enhancements, education, seminars and support.
- Utilizes product and application knowledge across the Thermo Fisher Scientific portfolio to successfully conduct consultative and strategic selling presentations.
- Develops and maintains current knowledge of all Gene Expression related products, and buying practices required to effectively compete in the assigned territory.
- Accountable for developing own ability to achieve performance goals with the support of the direct line manager.
- Causes expenses carefully within guidelines; travel as necessary to meet revenue goals.
- Participates occasionally in corporate initiatives designed to improve regional business operations including marketing programs, human resources programs, sales programs and other administrative projects (e.g. Sales Advisory Council).
- Potential first point of contact and acts as a role model for new hires in the team and to support management.
- Strong understanding of molecular biology principles, methods and applications.
- Experience in application based workflow sales principles.
- Strong self-organizational and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Good written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Strong presentation skills for both technical and sales related materials.
- Exhibits a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to compile and analyze customer feedback.
- Ability to work in a team environment and influence/motivate other team members.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Position requires a Master’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; (PhD is desirable but not essential) or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Extensive previous field experience with sales or comparable customer relations.
- Ability to act independently based upon limited information by analyzing available data, proposing and implementing an action plan.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join